Welcome to the Tamworth Powerstation Museum, whether you are planning on visiting on your travels, as a local, in a school group or with a tour group we have all the information you need below to start planning your visit.
Wednesday: 9am – 1pm
Thursday: 9am – 1pm
Friday: 9am – 1pm
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
Closed Public Holidays
Christmas/New Year Period Opening Hours
Closed from 24 December – 2 January 2024
Open from Wednesday 3 January 2024
Opening Hours during Toyota Country Music Festival
Friday 19 January – Wednesday 24 January: 9am – 2pm
Thursday 25 January – Saturday 27 January: 9am – 3pm
Concession and children under 12: $3.00
We currently have no card facility on site and are cash only.
The Tamworth Powerstation Museum aims to provide an experience which can be enjoyed by all visitors including those with disabilities.
The Powerstation Museum is an accessible museum site with wheel chair access via the front entry.
The site and building is heritage listed hence the doorways are slightly narrow but are still wheelchair accessible and disabled access toilets are located at the rear end of the building.
Our friendly volunteers are able to provide guided tours for the vision or hearing impaired and support visitors as required.
Keeping our visitors safe
The Powerstation Museum is a NSW Government registered COVID Safe business. It complies with current hygiene and all other requirement for COVID Safe workplaces and premises.
Our venue has ample room to allow the required physical distancing.
To view our COVID-19 Safety Plan, please click here.
What are we doing to help?
- Entrance doors to the Museum are open and require no contact to enter and exit.
- All surfaces are frequently sanitised including high touch surfaces.
- Patrons have the option to sign in with the Services NSW QR code to assist with contact tracing upon entry to the Museum.
- Hand sanitiser is available to all venue patrons upon entry.
- Wear a face mask or covering as required by the NSW Government when indoors.
- Disposable face masks are available at no charge for visitors at the Museum – just ask one of our staff.
- Help us prevent the spread of COVID-19
Help us prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Practise physical distancing and avoid close contact with other people during your visit.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser upon entry and before exiting the Museum.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- Wear a face mask or covering as recommended by the NSW Government when out in public.
- Be understanding of any requests from our staff – they are there to help you enjoy your visit safely.
- If you are feeling unwell, please don’t attend the Museum.
If you have experienced any identified COVID-19 symptoms (see a full list here) in the last 14 days, have travelled to an identified COVID-19 hotspot (see updated listings here) and/or have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, it is our right to refuse you entry to our venue. The health and safety of our community and staff is a key priority for Tamworth Regional Council and Tamworth Powerstation Museum.